Today is day 1 of the modified eating plan the doctor recommended for the twins. He said it is time to help them move away from the bottle as their main source of food and rely more on "real" food. They have been eating stage 2 baby food 3 times a day for a while now, but the doctor recommended that they eat more of that and less formula.
Schedule freak that I am, I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. They are supposed to have 3 meals a day as well as 3-4 bottles depending on size. I think it can work with our existing schedule, but we will see.
Today I tried to give them Yo Baby yogurt with fruit. It was essentially a "no go!" HA! Oh well, we will try again in a few days. I suppose if they are to be eating more, I should stick with their favorites first and then get daring!

They still love finger foods though, so that will probably be where many of the new foods are introduced. They are also moving on to stage 3 foods. I do not know if it will be easier or harder to rely more on food and less on the bottle. I will keep you posted, hey it is always an adventure, right? If at first you don't succeed , try , try again!
Madison and Riley had a blast playing together today. They say that your childs favorite plaything will be something you cannot buy, well SO TRUE! Our kids love to play in our bookshelf! OK, strange, but if it floats their boat, I am all about it! I think it is a voyage of discovery and it is a fun one to watch. I am posting photos of the two of them hanging out by the shelf! You can see by their faces what a hoot they were having ....together!




No comments:
Post a Comment