So, as it is probably apparent by now, I am writing this post-birth of my children...(yes, it still feels weird to say childREN instead of child). The first 26 weeks of my pregnancy were actually pretty uneventful and generally pretty fun! I was enjoying growing bigger, going to doctor appts and seeing my babies grow and develop, buying baby gear etc...
Prior to being born, these babies traveled extensively! The first travel adventure while pregnant was to Deer Valley, Utah to visit my amazing sister Liz and her now husband Joel. Yes, I went skiing...while pregnant! Oh, stop gasping, it was fine and super fun! Bob, Liz and Joel skied around me, they were my personal fence! Yes, I was careful, and I am sure the babies enjoyed the ride! I love skiing and the feeling of freedom it brings with it. I think I needed that because a small part of me knew that some of the freedoms I have enjoyed over the years might take a back seat for a little while...
Not too long after that, Bob and I jetted off to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for an amazing trip with members of the firm he works with. Bliss, pure bliss! We stayed at the most amazing resort I have ever seen! Gorgeous views, pools galore, a spa and Mexican food, can it get any better for a gal who is pregnant? Not in my book! Floating in the pool felt so good! It was almost a feeling of weightlessness...I would just float on my back, belly up and stare at the beauty around me! (Well, and the other people enjoying cocktails by the pool, boo hoo). I was able to wear my cute pregnancy clothing, enjoy amazing food, spend time with my amazing husband, hang with friends and seriously relax.
Well, that experience was such a good one for Bob and I (the babies too!) That we decided to trek back to Mexico 2 weeks later for my Spring Break. Too cool! Bob surprised me with the trip and I HAPPILY accepted. Hmmmm, let's see. more sunshine, laying by the pool, spending time with my hubbie and eating amazing food all day...did I even blink an eye when accepting?
As an aside, for all the tacos, burritos, chips, salsa and guac I ate one these two trips, these babies better enjoy Mexican cuisine as much as we do!!!!
The final travel experience with the babies in utero was to New York for our nephew's baptism. Now, I was definitely getting BIG at this point, so the airplane seat was no longer a place I wanted to be in for very long. My airplane survival techniques were 1) Wear a comfy track suit 2) get an aisle seat so I could spread out and get up often to pee and pace the aisles, and bring lots of crunchy snacks! New York was fun, kind of a whirlwind, but another adventure to Tell about for sure!
After that point, I was no longer too comfortable traveling, I do not know if they would even let me on the plane in fear those babies would come out!
In my opinion, life, did not and does not have to come to a halt when you are pregnant. There is so much living to do! I traveled, ate sushi (cooked pieces only of course), had tons of fish (come on, Omega-3 baby!) and sat in the healing sunshine. I think, happy mommy, happy babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment